Antoine Griezmann denies being racist to Asians

Antoine Griezmann stumbles upon racist accusations against Asians. The Barcelona striker from France denied it.
Some time ago, a viral video about Griezmann was accused of being racist. Along with Ousmane Dembele, his teammate at the French club and national team, the 30-year-old striker booed Asians.

A 42-second video has gone viral online, showing Dembele and Griezmann watching three other people fix the television in a hotel room.

Dembele, who appeared to be filming the moment, was heard speaking to Griezmann.

The voice in the video, claimed by Dembele’s voice, says, “All these ugly faces, just so you can play PES [Pro Evolution Soccer]. Aren’t you ashamed?” he said.

“What kind of backward language is that? Are you technologically advanced in your country or not?” Dembele said

Griezmann, who was later included in the video, only chuckled when his partner spoke like that. The 30-year-old also had time to say something, but it didn’t sound clear

The video itself was shared by the Twitter account @duatleti. “Yes, they are Antoine Griezmann and Ousmane Dembele #StopAsianHate,” he wrote while sharing the video.

A few days later, another video appeared. Still involving Griezmann, this time the former Real Sociedad and Atletico Madrid player said ‘Ching Chong by imitating an Asian accent when he was relaxing in the pool, with Dembele and Samuel Umtiti.

As seen in the video, all three are wearing Barcelona training jerseys. It was previously mentioned that the two videos were probably taken while Barcelona was on their pre-season tour to Japan in 2019.

Now, Griezmann has denied the racist accusations. Through his social media, he admitted that this was not the case at all while apologizing for his actions that offended Asians, especially Japanese people.

Over the last few days, some people have wanted to think of me as a man who I am not,” Griezmann said in a statement.

 

For Antoine Griezmann, this is not the first time he has stumbled upon accusations of racism. In 2017, he had angered many by posting a photo of himself with a black face, as part of a costume party, which was seen as mocking black people.

 

Fabio Capello Praises Pedri, Called Similar to Messi

 

Former England coach, Fabio Capello, praised Pedri’s performance with Spain. The Barcelona midfielder is said to have talent like Lionel Messi.
Pedri was trusted by coach Luis Enrique to fill the Spanish midfield at Euro 2020. The 25-year-old has always appeared as a starter since the inaugural match against Sweden.

Pedri managed to carve a record with Spain in the round of 16 against Croatia. He became the youngest player to appear in the knockout stages, at the age of 18 years 215 days.

Pedri’s adventure with Spain at Euro 2020 continues to this day. The Matador team managed to advance to the semifinals, after eliminating Switzerland in the quarter-finals.

In the last four, Spain will meet another European giant, Italy. Both teams are fighting for tickets to the final on Wednesday (7/7/2021) early morning WIB at Wembley Stadium.

The Italian tactician, Fabio Capello, spoke ahead of Italy vs Spain meeting. He especially gave appreciation to Pedri who was able to perform brilliantly at a young age.

“I like Pedri. I have never seen an 18-year-old player with the personality and quality he has,” Capello said, quoted by Mundo Deportivo

“He has impressive confidence. He also works hard, runs, defends, attacks. It’s incredible.”

Fabio Capello did not even hesitate to equate Pedri’s talent with Lionel Messi when he was young. Pedri admitted that he could follow in the footsteps of La Pulga’s success in the future.

“It’s known that the first time I saw Messi play, I said that he would be a phenomenon and I love him. Well, let’s say Pedri, as a midfielder, can be the same. One of the best in the world because he has it all.”

 

Napoli allows Insigne to leave, want to go to Barcelona or Tottenham?

 

Lorenzo Insigne has long been rumored to want to leave Napoli. Napoli’s president, Aurelio De Laurentiis, will not hold his player if he wants to leave.
Insigne’s contract at Napoli will expire in June 2022. This means that the 30-year-old winger can freely approach any club starting early next year.

Napoli certainly can’t just stay silent about the rest of Insigne’s contract. If the Partenopei doesn’t sell their player this summer, they could lose Insigne without getting any money.

According to reports from Italian media, Napoli has not scheduled a meeting with Insigne’s agent. The biggest problem in applying for a new contract is that Insigne wants a raise, while Napoli can only offer a lower contract value due to the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on the

If he is bored with Napoli and wants to travel around Europe, that’s his choice, not ours,” De Laurentiis was quoted as saying by Football Italia.

According to Il Corriere Dello Sport, both Barcelona and Tottenham Hotspur have contacted Insigne’s agent. Both clubs seem interested in hijacking Insigne from Napoli.

Insigne is currently with the Italy squad at Euro 2020. A few weeks ago, he emphasized that he did not want to rush to decide his future.

I am more than happy. Now I am focused on the Euros and then I will talk to the club,” said Insigne.

Insigne has made 397 appearances for Napoli. He scored 109 goals in all competitions by winning two Coppa Italia and one Supercoppa Italia.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*